Mambo Tribe

Mambo Tribe (http://www.mambotribe.org/forum/index.php)
-   Salsa Embassy (http://www.mambotribe.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Salsa in St. Petersburg (http://www.mambotribe.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1705)

giorgio 17.03.2009 14:57

Coming to St. Petersburg from Italy for a dance!

I am a salsa passionate, arriving from Italy this friday. I do not speak a Russian word, but I will not let me be deterred, and I will go dance all the same, on the very same night, but also other nights in the week.

I would really love to go with some locals; would you like to help me, I mean, to suggest me a place, introduce me to your salsa frields at the club, maybe meet beforehands for an aperitif? On friday, or on some other night?

I am a totally-relaxed dancer; I love to dance with partners of any skill level, style, or appearance, provided they are happy with my skill level ("just intermediate") style ("everything goes") and appearance ("just me"). Salsa and bachata are my things, but I would never skip any other dance.

Please, do not let me go alone! :)

Timurito 17.03.2009 15:51

Wow, Giorgio, welcome then to Mother Russia :)) Hope you'll like it here :) Too bad I'm not anywhere close to St.Pete or Moscow, otherwise I'd love to show you around. I'm sure though that there will be enough guys (and possibly ladies) to be your salsa guides. In the meantime, I would recommend you check the following link: http://www.mambotribe.org/clubs/ provided you can read Cyrillic :) Good luck with your salsa adventures in Russia!

v.radziun 18.03.2009 10:29

Hi Giorgio,

This Friday you can dance salsa in following clubs:

Salsa Loca
Lensovet Palace of Culture, 3rd floor
Kamennoostrovskiy Avenue 42
Petrogradskaya metro station
21:00—23:30
Mostly LA and NY styles of salsa

Oxford
Nevskiy Avenue 105
Ploshchad Vosstaniya metro station
23:00—05:00
Mostly Cuban style of salsa

You can call me freely (my phone number is in my profile).

Alexandre 18.03.2009 15:46

I am personally going to Oxford friday night. Can meet you, show the place and introuduce to people I know

giorgio 20.03.2009 17:53

Thanks Alexandre! I will be heading for salsa loca first, but I may move to Oxford later on, if I survive (I slept three hours this night...). In this case, I will actively look around for you, so please, if you notice me first, come forward and say hello!

Hoping to see you quite soon,

Giorgio

Marinka 20.03.2009 20:52

Какие симпатичные итальянцы приезжают.... :rolleyes:

dlgbrdv 21.03.2009 01:36

Marinka did miss everything ))

giorgio 21.03.2009 06:07

Dear friends, before going to bed let me thank all of you for an incredible night, "Simonetta" and Victor for helping me breaking the ice at salsa loca, alexandre for suggesting to reach oxford after that, and all the members of the forum that accepted my dance invites and tolerated my limited skills. If Marinka did miss anything, there are still hopes, I think I may be around tomorrow night as well, Jane and Tatiana suggested "the sphinx", I had planned a milonga but after this night I may change my mind.

see you soon, hopefully, and спасибо!

v.radziun 21.03.2009 11:21

You are always welcome, Georgio!

Here it is a time-table of Saturday salsa-parties:

Casa Latina
Sadovaya Street 28/30
Nevskiy Prospekt or Sadovaya metro stations
21:00—00:00

Petrovskiy Fort
Finlyandsiy Avenue 4a
Ploshchad Lenina metro station
20:00—23:45

Sphinx
Nevskiy Avenue 118
00:00—05:00

giorgio 22.03.2009 04:49

Went to Sphinx, was a lot of fun... suggestion for the next days?

Have a good night!

Sve 22.03.2009 22:05

Monday: "Revolution club" (9 p.m. - till midnight)
Nevskiy Prospekt or Sadovaya metro stations
The adress is the same as for Casa Latina (see Victor's map)

giorgio 23.03.2009 16:47

I was considering sleeping tonight, but I cannot resist a temptation, hence I guess I may come. Sve, will you be there? If you are there, and you see me, pease come and say hello!

priomino 23.03.2009 17:03

товарищи где фотки??
where are photos? can some one post them? :)

Sve 23.03.2009 17:31

I'm afraid I won't be there :( Sorry.
What day are you leaving?

giorgio 23.03.2009 18:36

I am leaving on Friday, will be free on thursday for a last salsa night (or I could go through oxford, late on wednesday...)

Priomino, I took some photos at Oxford on friday and at Sphinx on saturday, where you thinking about some of those?

Sve 23.03.2009 20:24

So, for Thursday I suggest "Etage" club (from 8.30 p.m.- till 11.30)
Petrogradskaya metro station
Aptekarskiy Avenue, 2
There will be a concert also if I'm not mistaken.
See you ;)

giorgio 26.03.2009 01:06

I will come! Will you be there? If you spot me, just come on and invite me for a dance, I LOVE being invited.

By the way, the invite to invite me extends to every lady in the forum (or not); every invitation will be accepted with a wide smile, please spread the word.

I hope to see you tonight for my last salsa night in St. Petersburg (I am leaving on thursday).

Sve 26.03.2009 18:11

I think I will :)

giorgio 27.03.2009 04:13

Dear friends, let me thank you all once more for this incredible week of salsa dancing. I forgot to thank Boris (I hope I got his name right) for the reggaeton lesson of saturday night at the sphinx. That was outrageous, a bit orgiastic, and a massive fun. Most of all, let me thank all the girls who danced with me, each one was a different experience (as always happens) but I enjoyed (a lot) each single one, and some were really magic. A special salute to Sve, whom I finally met, and I can testify she is even cuter than her avatar (which is really cute already). I will tell all my salsa friends that St Petersburg salsa community is really worth a serious visit, and I will highly praise the girls of St Petersburg, and not just for their beauty.

If you ever come to Pisa, please call me at ghelli@di.unipi.it!

Many thanks to everybody, two kisses to each girl, and до свидания!

v.radziun 30.03.2009 11:08

Giorgio, you are always welcome! :) See you in St. Petersburg! Or in Pisa ;)

SalsaMan 18.06.2011 22:22

Salsa in St. Petersburg

Hola amigos,

I'm vacationing in St. Petersburg for a couple weeks and would like to know the popular clubs/events and what nights for salsa dancing, preferably On 2/NY style but I dance On 1 as well.

I am here now -18JUN- until 13JUL.
Spasibo!

Retaco 18.06.2011 22:27

Hi, man!
See below some links:
http://www.mambotribe.org/events/clubs/st-petersburg/

Everything is in Russian. The best solution for you is to ask support from a salsa guide with English language. See below:
http://www.mambotribe.org/guides/#Санкт-Петербург

SalsaMan 18.06.2011 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retaco (Post 33030)
Hi, man!
See below some links:
http://www.mambotribe.org/events/clubs/st-petersburg/

Everything is in Russian. The best solution for you is to ask support from a salsa guide with English language. See below:
http://www.mambotribe.org/guides/#Санкт-Петербург

Thanks for the info, I saw your events guide and was just wondering how current the information is and what night is best to go out salsa dancing.

Retaco 18.06.2011 23:18

The "best night to go out salsa dancing" is today.
It makes no nevermind if it is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. :D
But Friday and Saturday are more popular for "salseras y salseros". ;)

Mili 18.06.2011 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalsaMan (Post 33028)
I am here now -18JUN- until 13JUL.

01.07.2011 — 03.07.2011 - Salsa Congress in St. Petersburg
http://www.mambotribe.org/events/festivals/713/

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalsaMan (Post 33028)
preferably On 2/NY style.

Casa Latina

SalsaMan 18.06.2011 23:38

Cool thanks for the info, I only have so many nights in SPB so want to go out on the "best" nights ;).

@Mili I saw the salsa festival, I will definitely go there!

Bachatera 19.06.2011 04:39

Aloha!!!
I love Hawaii))) amazing place, one of the best I've ever been to)

Welcome to Saint-Petersburg! Hope you'll enjoy your vacation, and considering a couple of weeks here - it already sounds like a good one ;)

As to the party nights: http://www.mambotribe.org/events/clubs/st-petersburg/

SATURDAY - Casa Latina (on2) - it's #4 in the table from atop Каса Латина (I don't know if you can read in Russian, if not I can translate the address, etc)

SUNDAY - Senoval (mostly on2) - it's #8 Сеновал

WEDNESDAY - Salsa Loca (mostly on1, but also on2) - it's #7 Сальса Лока. In the table it's Friday, but they moved it to Wednesday for this summer.

FRIDAY - I've been to Don Pepe #3, but they dance cuban salsa, bachata, merengue, reggaeton, and it's too crowded for the line salsa. But it's a fun place anyway.

I will ask some friends if there are any more updates... If so, I'll let you know :)

Save me a dance! :D

v.radziun 19.06.2011 11:44

Hi, SalsaMan, use Google Translator for this list of St. Petersburg salsa discos: http://www.google.ru/language_tools?hl=en It works pretty well.

And I'd recommend to you salsa discos @ Mondays in the Johnny Walker Bar (#2 in the list).

SalsaMan 19.06.2011 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bachatera (Post 33040)
Aloha!!!
I love Hawaii))) amazing place, one of the best I've ever been to)

Welcome to Saint-Petersburg! Hope you'll enjoy your vacation, and considering a couple of weeks here - it already sounds like a good one ;)

As to the party nights: http://www.mambotribe.org/events/clubs/st-petersburg/

SATURDAY - Casa Latina (on2) - it's #4 in the table from atop Каса Латина (I don't know if you can read in Russian, if not I can translate the address, etc)

SUNDAY - Senoval (mostly on2) - it's #8 Сеновал

WEDNESDAY - Salsa Loca (mostly on1, but also on2) - it's #7 Сальса Лока. In the table it's Friday, but they moved it to Wednesday for this summer.

FRIDAY - I've been to Don Pepe #3, but they dance cuban salsa, bachata, merengue, reggaeton, and it's too crowded for the line salsa. But it's a fun place anyway.

I will ask some friends if there are any more updates... If so, I'll let you know :)

Save me a dance! :D

Bachatera sure thing ;).

So what time is the salsa event at Senoval tonight? Didn't see it listed on the event guide.

Spasibo

Bachatera 19.06.2011 13:41

It's listed, Sunday from 8 pm to 12 am...

SalsaMan 20.06.2011 00:19

Ok I will be going out to the Johnny Walker salsa party tomorrow night, a nice local salsera offered to show me how to get there. Thanks Anastasia!

Hope to see many of you Russian salsa people tomorrow, dos vedanya!

Adriana 02.06.2012 20:27

Looking for New York salsa in Moscow & St Pete

Hello There, Privet!
I will stay 3 weeks in Moscow and Saint Petersburg, and I would like to go out to dance salsa or participate in classes. My preference is New York Style. I am also interested in zouk or kizomba, if there is any good parties/classes?
I will be there July 3 to 22, so I would appreciate your help.
Spasibo,
Adriana

v.radziun 04.06.2012 09:40

Hi Adriana,

You can see lists of Moscow and St. Petersburg salsa discos here. They can be changed a little bit in July, so check them before your trip for more actual information. Unfortunately these lists are in Russian only; but just use Google Translate — it works pretty well.

My choice for New York salsa in these two cities is the following
  • Moscow
    • Crazy Milk @ Mondays (20:00—00:30, Bolshaya Polianka Street, 54)
    • Tunnel @ Wednesdays (20:30—00:00, Lubiansky Drive, 7)
  • St. Petersburg
    • Club 36 @ Mondays (20:30—23:30. Griboyedov Canal, 36)

Sve 16.06.2012 14:48

St.Petersburg:

Casa Latina @ Saturdays (20:40 - 00:00, Sadovaya st.,28) - Salsa & Swing parties.

annina2013 04.12.2013 13:18

New Year's salsa Party in SPB -2013

Hello, we are two Italians who visit St. Petersburg from 31/12/13 to 05/01/14. We dance salsa and bachata.
For the night of 31/12 is there any club where we can dance salsa that organize the New Year's party?
In the club is possible to have the dinner?
Our Hotel in St. Petersburg is close to Nievsky Prospekt. Close to the subway Gostiny Dvor and Nevsky Prospekt.
Can you recommend some place to dance salsa for the other nights?
Thank you
Anna Maria :)

v.radziun 04.12.2013 14:51

Anna, have you read my answer to Franco's letter with the same question, I sent him (and you also) on December, 2? :)

As I know there will be a kind of salsa festival in St. Petersburg from 31.12.2013 till 4.01.2014 (with all-night party Dec, 31). So you can join it with your friend. Unfortunately organizers of the event have not yet reported about party's venue. You can ask them directly (their names are Yulia and Andre) using email of the festival: rusnewyearfest@gmail.com.

annina2013 04.12.2013 22:18

Hi Victor.
I sent e-mail to: rusnewyearfest@gmail.com but no one answered. :(

annina2013 04.12.2013 22:34

I also sent e-mail to:
Sierra maestra Instructor: Dmitriy Makovskiy d_makovsky@yahoo.com but: Mail Delivery Subsystem: This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account

Ritmo Dance Studio Instructores: Boris "Hecha r-dance@yandex.ru but Mail Delivery Subsystem: No such user!

Havana Club club@adx.ru but: Mail Delivery Subsystem: Action: delayed

Solero Salsa Instructores: Alexej Petrachov, pirit@mail.ru - I'm waiting a replay

Bailaconmigo baila@baila.ru - I'm waiting a replay

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sve 05.12.2013 03:18

Hi, Annina!

The New Year party 31.12 as a part of that festival is announced yet. It will take place in Yamamoto restaurant (Japaneese dress-code). 2 dance floors - salsa + bachata/kizomba
Address: Ispytateley prospect, 7. Pionerskaya metro station)

Prices: entrance 1500-1800 rub (till 30.12)
+ menu option - 1500 rub.

and yes, the contact is rusnewyearfest@gmail.com

or you may call +7 812 92-007-91 (administrator Julia)

v.radziun 05.12.2013 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by annina2013 (Post 45003)
I sent e-mail to: rusnewyearfest@gmail.com but no one answered.

Nobody likes to answer the letters, right? ;)